County Quarter Finalists

County Quarter Finalists

Well done to our year 5/6 girls table tennis team that reached the quarter final stage of the Shropshire county cup tonight. Unfortunately only one other girls team entered so our girls had to take part in the boys competition. This was the first time any of our team had ever taken part in a competitive table tennis match, but you would never have guessed with the amazing performances our girls put it. The girls won their first match 3-1 but narrowly lost their 2nd match to the team that eventually got to the final. This meant our girls qualified to the quarter final stage after finishing 2nd in their group. The quarter final stage was extremely close with both teams taking it in turns to be in the lead but we eventually lost 3-1. To say this match was close would be an under statement, with two of the matches being decided by a single point. This was a massive achievement considering the girls had only had one previous training session leading up to the event.

2 Responses »

1. Well done girls, I have to say the matches I saw were fantastic you should all be incredibly proud of your achievements, I can’t wait to see what you’ll be like in the future, with even more training there’ll be no stopping you!