Record Breakers

Record Breakers

Well done to our Year 5 girls football team that tonight qualified to the County Cup Final for the first time in Grange Park’s history. The girls qualified to the semi final after finishing runners up in their group. The semi final ended 0-0 which meant we had to take part in another dreaded penalty shoot out. The girls showed great mental strength and ability to win the shoot out in sudden death and secured their place in the cup final which will be played at the New Meadow (home to Shrewsbury Town FC) in May. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend the finals tonight but Miss Trevor and Mr Green kept me up to date with minute by minute action reports and I couldn’t of been any prouder of the girls when the final result came through. We will play St Georges Shrewsbury in the final, the only team that has beat our Year 5 girls all year, so we know its going to be a tough game. So lots of training coming up to prepare for the final girls. Well done again on breaking another record girls. Mr James #TeamGP

2 Responses »